Strikerworld
KICKSTARTER CURRENT TOTAL: 9,033.....KLICK BANNER TO MAKE YOUR PLEDGE..........ALL 4 STRIKER BOOKS AND THE NEW MUGS NOW ON SALE. CLICK THE STRIKER SHOP LINK.....................ALL THE LATEST NEWS, VIEW AND OPINIONS.......... FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @striker_planet. ........... JOIN OUR WEBSITE www.planetstriker.com/
Welcome to StrikerWorld. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can not see all the latest Striker news on the board. If you join our community, you'll get all the latest Striker news plus updates on any other projects. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Striker Kickstarter Launches!; Please pledge NOW to build a new era
Topic Started: Apr 14 2018, 02:52 PM (3,251 Views)
Pete.Nash
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
At last - we're finally live on Kickstarter (there's a link at the end of this text).

Lucinda will soon be sending an email with a link to our Kickstarter page to everyone who's on our database. If you haven't registered with us, here's what it's all about and why it's so important...

I want to re-launch Striker as a weekly comic from September. There are two reasons for that: one, the money Striker gets from The Sun these days isn't enough to guarantee continued production - and two, there's so much that's about to happen with Striker (assuming we get the funding) that it simply can't be crammed into a daily newspaper strip.

We'll also be able to finally bring you the animated football, which is not only a fantastic development on its own but will enable us to introduce interactive features for our fans (more on this if our funding is successful).

This can only happen if enough people make a pledge to subscribe to the first 12 issues of the comic via our Kickstarter campaign. Backers can choose from a straight forward digital or print subscription or combine them with other rewards, including mugs, books and original signed black and white strips from the 80s and 90s.

The reward levels start from 3 up to 700 for four advertising slots - and every penny raised will go towards funding the comic and developing the animation.

If you're unfamiliar with Kickstarter, it's simple to follow and use. Viewers on a PC or laptop will see a short video from me with some text and illustrations beneath it. And on the right are the list of rewards. Viewers using a mobile device will see the video and rewards first, but by clicking on the Campaign link below the video player, they will see the text and pictures.

If you'd like to make a pledge, click on the relevant reward and you'll be asked to give your card details for the amount you're pledging - but money will ONLY be debited if and when we hit our target of 35,000. If the funding is successful, your card will be debited on Saturday, May 12.

If we fall short of our target, the comic won't launch and everyone keeps their money.

The campaign will run for 28 days - but if you're happy to make a pledge, please do so as soon as possible so that Kickstarter visitors who are new to Striker can see we're getting lots of support.

Before I go, you may notice that one of the rewards includes a free digital subscription for people who buy all four of the Striker books released so far. Please don't feel left out if you've already bought the books - we'll soon be launching a new online shop that will enable us to offer a generous loyalty points scheme for existing purchasers.

You can post questions on the Kickstarter page but hopefully it's all self-explanatory. All that remains is to say a huge thanks in advance to everyone who's happy to make a pledge, whatever the amount. Let's hope we hit our target as soon as possible so we can secure Striker's future and enter a fantastic new era!

Here's the Kickstarter link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1602281104/striker-new-worldwide-weekly-comic-plus-animated-f

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pete.Nash
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Just received notification that someone has already pledged - 120 for a subscription and signed artwork. A hundred and twenty thanks to that person!

bumperlady
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Have made my pledge, I was second person to do so.
Don't shoot the Meerkat, I'm loveable!

bumperlady
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Pete.Nash
Apr 14 2018, 03:29 PM
Just received notification that someone has already pledged - 120 for a subscription and signed artwork. A hundred and twenty thanks to that person!
What a good start.

Ossie
Member Avatar
Come on you Whites
[ *  *  * ]
Hey Bumperlady. There's someone between us as I'm No. 4

ramsfam
[ * ]
Made my pledge earlier didn't realize i was the first person and just signed up to site too as been a guest for 6 months lol glad could help Pete hope you reach your goal

Laurie
cafc4eva
[ * ]
Backed the 12 week print for 30 good luck Pete

rogerkeen
[ * ]
Made my pledge also bought vol4 book can't believe I missed this come out

Thatchdht
[ *  * ]
I went for the 35 it talked me in to go for the mug or is that me whos a mug😂😂

stevenUK1
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I've just funded the project. Hopefully my money will help Striker keep going, just a shame I can't put more towards it. I can't wait to see what the future holds for Striker.

EDIT: I'm backer 17 according to the email I've just received.
Edited by stevenUK1, Apr 14 2018, 05:10 PM.

Nuggy07
[ * ]
Did 120 pledge!!!
I am backer 20!!!

Onwards and upwards

John001
[ * ]
Pledge duly made.

We are already over the 1000 mark after only a few hours.

Brilliant stuff!

toddjenkins
[ * ]
Im backer 13 and backed @200

Really hope we get this!!!! We need a lot of backers though to hit the target.

Bambifalls
[ * ]
Done and dusted.

nickellis
[ * ]
i'm in for 120, as always happy to help Striker and Pete succeed

bumperlady
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
ramsfam
Apr 14 2018, 03:51 PM
Made my pledge earlier didn't realize i was the first person and just signed up to site too as been a guest for 6 months lol glad could help Pete hope you reach your goal
Welcome to Strikerworld Ramsfam

Andybowen82
[ * ]
I've made the 18 quid donation so looking forward to collect the comics...
AGAIN
#Notme

Gemini Dazzy
Member Avatar
Striker Fan For Ever
[ *  *  * ]
I have pledged 20, good luck Pete on reaching the target.

DanielWhit
[ * ]
Fifty backers now, and already 8% funded.

cultfiend
[ * ]
I'm 51 and in for 35.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Updates from Striker creator Pete Nash · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith of the ZBTZ and Outline