Strikerworld
ALL 4 STRIKER BOOKS AND THE NEW MUGS NOW ON SALE. CLICK THE STRIKER SHOP LINK.....................ALL THE LATEST NEWS, VIEW AND OPINIONS.......... FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @striker_planet. ........... JOIN OUR WEBSITE www.planetstriker.com/
Welcome to StrikerWorld. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can not see all the latest Striker news on the board. If you join our community, you'll get all the latest Striker news plus updates on any other projects. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
XFL
Topic Started: Jan 26 2018, 02:19 PM (171 Views)
stevenUK1
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Anyone here fans of NFL?

Vince McMahon, owner of the WWE has announced he will bring back the XFL in time to kick off in 2020 after the NFL season has finished.

While it failed in 2001 I'm sure he has learnt from the issues he had. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring once again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mick
Member Avatar
Uncle Joshua
[ *  *  * ]
Is all yank sport fixed?
The Song Warbury run out to on match days
Chumbawamba Tubthumping.
https://t.co/cnR7fny0oH

surgemus Warriors (From ashes we rise)

I am not a Striker geek.

Posted Image

stevenUK1
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Mick
Jan 26 2018, 03:02 PM
Is all yank sport fixed?
What makes you say that? It's not Italian football.

Mick
Member Avatar
Uncle Joshua
[ *  *  * ]
stevenUK1
Jan 26 2018, 09:18 PM
Mick
Jan 26 2018, 03:02 PM
Is all yank sport fixed?
What makes you say that? It's not Italian football.
It's is just how it seems to me. Something dodgy about all these franchise sports. Is this body armor rugby or rounders?
The Song Warbury run out to on match days
Chumbawamba Tubthumping.
https://t.co/cnR7fny0oH

surgemus Warriors (From ashes we rise)

I am not a Striker geek.

Posted Image

Sultan of Cannock
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
stevenUK1
Jan 26 2018, 02:19 PM
Anyone here fans of NFL?

Vince McMahon, owner of the WWE has announced he will bring back the XFL in time to kick off in 2020 after the NFL season has finished.

While it failed in 2001 I'm sure he has learnt from the issues he had. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring once again.
According to US radio reports i heard on this, he's going with the spring schedule that was successful for the USFL in the mid 80's :sun: before some bright sparks, led by the New Jersey Generals owner, one Donald J Trump, tried to take it on to the same schedule as the NFL. :wacko:

Also McMahon was quick to say that he wouldn't allow political statements from the XFL players. The issue of certain players going down on one knee to protest police brutality during the playing of their national anthem has really annoyed the NFL's traditional fan base and TV ratings for the NFL are well down this last two seasons. foff
Edited by Sultan of Cannock, Jan 30 2018, 04:23 AM.
Anyone that point it out as anything other than a bloopr is a moron. Mind, Striker has its nutters!

stevenUK1
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Sultan of Cannock
Jan 30 2018, 04:22 AM
stevenUK1
Jan 26 2018, 02:19 PM
Anyone here fans of NFL?

According to US radio reports i heard on this, he's going with the spring schedule that was successful for the USFL in the mid 80's :sun: before some bright sparks, led by the New Jersey Generals owner, one Donald J Trump, tried to take it on to the same schedule as the NFL. :wacko:

Also McMahon was quick to say that he wouldn't allow political statements from the XFL players. The issue of certain players going down on one knee to protest police brutality during the playing of their national anthem has really annoyed the NFL's traditional fan base and TV ratings for the NFL are well down this last two seasons. foff
McMahon would never go up against the NFL, he said back in 2001 and I'm sure he is thinking the same right now that if he can get people watching football all year long.

I like his idea not to allow anyone to take a knee, or anyone who even has a conviction against his name. Will look good for young viewers who might be thinking about a career in football.

Deano
[ *  * ]
Huge connection with NFL players going to WWE so could be a good talent swap. My main thoughts were somehow re-inventing the sport to make it more applicable. Much like 20/20 did for cricket.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Sports Hub · Next Topic »
Add Reply

OUR AFFILIATES BAR WILL APPEAR HERE SOON Openshaws Pork Scratchings
Theme by Sith of the ZBTZ and Outline