Strikerworld
KICKSTARTER CURRENT TOTAL: £9,033.....KLICK BANNER TO MAKE YOUR PLEDGE..........ALL 4 STRIKER BOOKS AND THE NEW MUGS NOW ON SALE. CLICK THE STRIKER SHOP LINK.....................ALL THE LATEST NEWS, VIEW AND OPINIONS.......... FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @striker_planet. ........... JOIN OUR WEBSITE www.planetstriker.com/
Welcome to StrikerWorld. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can not see all the latest Striker news on the board. If you join our community, you'll get all the latest Striker news plus updates on any other projects. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Volume 4 Ready To Order Now!; Dispatching first week December
Topic Started: Nov 22 2017, 07:05 PM (2,277 Views)
Pete.Nash
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
If you'll pardon the rapid cliches... the gun was jumped earlier today so the cat's out of the bag, but for those who were blissfully unaware, Volume 4 of the Complete Striker Collection is now available to buy from Click Here

The Dawn Of 3D starts with Striker's first 3D-generated story that appeared in January, 1999, and features every adventure through to the start of 2001. Aside from the 3D milestone, this period was notable for the debuts of Fabian and Callum (not to mention some interesting behind-the-scenes dramas that were unfolding!)

Rather like my early hand-drawn strips when I first started Striker in 1985, these early 3D strips are very rough and raw, but it's fascinating to see how the quality of the artwork evolves by the end of the book (after I'd started hiring artists, including Simon).

With 320 full-colour pages, this has been the most expensive book to produce, but I've kept the prices the same at £25 for an unsigned book and £30 for a signed one. As ever, a massive thank you to everyone who's been buying these books in times when I know every penny counts.

Unsigned books will be dispatched in the first week of December and the signed ones from December 7 (I'll be signing them on the 6th).

Happy reading!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bod
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Looking forward as ever Pete to this V4 and for me its free............Mrs Bod has cashed up for an Xmas pressie....bless her :thumbs:
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely ask the Llamas

stevenUK1
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Already ordered Pete. Thanks for getting them out as quickly as what you are and for the price too! Me and the wife were talking about how good it's been with the prices being the way they are. I was honestly expecting a price hike at some point, it wouldn't stop me buying them either way.

Keep up the great work.

bumperlady
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
My other half has just ordered this for us for christmas, can't wait! Well done Striker for the timely manner that you have got the books and mugs out.
Don't shoot the Meerkat, I'm loveable!

Laurie
cafc4eva
[ * ]
Ordered, thanks Pete. Unless my maths is wrong this book is about 2 years in length, that means probably only one more book before the comic book series start in vol 6 (volume 5 being Jan 01-august 03)

Sultan of Cannock
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Nice one. My copy already on order.
Anyone that point it out as anything other than a bloopr is a moron. Mind, Striker has its nutters!

Pete.Nash
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Laurie
Nov 22 2017, 09:34 PM
Ordered, thanks Pete. Unless my maths is wrong this book is about 2 years in length, that means probably only one more book before the comic book series start in vol 6 (volume 5 being Jan 01-august 03)
If all those dates went into one book it would be at least 700 pages, so there will likely be two more books after V4 before the comic era begins.

Were you a reader in the comic days, Laurie?

wgw2007
[ *  * ]
Ordered, via my wife as an Xmas gift. Interesting to see itís so close to the comic book years, any idea how you are going to cover those? Or skip them in the books? I have every comic and canít imagine it will all make it into books unless there are ALOT of them.

Laurie
cafc4eva
[ * ]
Pete.Nash
Nov 23 2017, 12:42 AM
Laurie
If all those dates went into one book it would be at least 700 pages, so there will likely be two more books after V4 before the comic era begins.

Yeah I was. Was always on the forums too. Think I came up with the idea of comic signings for those who couldn't afford shares.

Terry
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Laurie
Nov 23 2017, 07:04 AM
Pete.Nash
Laurie

Yeah I was. Was always on the forums too. Think I came up with the idea of comic signings for those who couldn't afford shares.
What idea was that Laurie I don't recall it?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Jayke1981
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Ordered, as I said elsewhere...I THINK this is where I started to become a fan, originally. So I'm looking forward to two weeks time!

Laurie
cafc4eva
[ * ]
Terry
Nov 23 2017, 07:31 AM
Laurie
Pete.Nash
Laurie

So the idea of sending your comics in for Pete to sign. Can't remember if it was £5/10 a go.

Mick
Member Avatar
Uncle Joshua
[ *  *  * ]
Laurie
Were you featured in the letters page a fair bit? I remember your real name but what was your SW username?
The Song Warbury run out to on match days
Chumbawamba Tubthumping.
https://t.co/cnR7fny0oH

surgemus Warriors (From ashes we rise)

I am not a Striker geek.

Posted Image

Terry
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Laurie
Nov 23 2017, 08:07 PM
Terry
Nov 23 2017, 07:31 AM
Laurie
Pete.Nash

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
So the idea of sending your comics in for Pete to sign. Can't remember if it was £5/10 a go.
Good idea :thumbs:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Paul Bradley
Member Avatar
Goldmember
[ *  *  * ]
Ordered, along with the standard earful off the Mrs...

Jayke1981
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I vaguely remember a Laurie too!

Wayne
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Ordered this morning, and getting it delivered to work this time as there has never been anyone in when the postman has delivered the last 3 books so had to collect from sorting office.

Wayne
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
So if there is 2 more volumes after this before the comic era, we could possibly see the first lot of comic strips late next year
Edited by Wayne, Nov 24 2017, 06:59 PM.

Laurie
cafc4eva
[ * ]
Mick
Nov 24 2017, 01:55 AM
Laurie
Were you featured in the letters page a fair bit? I remember your real name but what was your SW username?
Yeah I think I was. My username might have been cafc4eva.

Mick
Member Avatar
Uncle Joshua
[ *  *  * ]
Laurie
Nov 25 2017, 07:28 PM
Yeah I think I was. My username might have been cafc4eva.
Oh, yeah. Now I remember. You were in the comic a fair bit...I picked three comics out at random the other day and you were in all three. (inc 61)
The Song Warbury run out to on match days
Chumbawamba Tubthumping.
https://t.co/cnR7fny0oH

surgemus Warriors (From ashes we rise)

I am not a Striker geek.

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Updates from Striker creator Pete Nash · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith of the ZBTZ and Outline