Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

All Wrestling Talk
stevenUK1
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 02:49 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Moderators

QUOTE (deano @ Jul 17 2018, 02:36 PM)
Bugs me that Regins beat Balor for the final of the UC

We need the Demon King back. Also getting a little tired of Bray/Matt

Sadly Vince loves Reigns and hasn't trusted Balor since his injury. Bray and Matt is alright, could be so much better but writing is so poor with WWE right now I'm sure even the greatest thing can get ruined.
PM
^
stevenUK1
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 04:58 PM

Advanced Member

- According to Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer, the reason WWE didn’t have Reigns vs. Lashley close Extreme Rules was the fear of the crowd crapping on the match. “I was told midweek it was the main event and then told it was changed the day of the show for reasons having to do with fear of the crowd crapping on it.”

And this is why I'm so annoyed with the product. If you know the fans won't get behind it, why keep doing it?! Urrgghh.
PM
^
stevenUK1
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 07:23 PM

Advanced Member

- Squared Circle Sirens reports that former Impact Wrestling talent MJ Jenkins has signed a developmental contract with WWE.

- The below list are of the new talent signed with NXT who started work this week.
Deonna Purrazzo (Former ROH and STARDOM talent, International star)
Io Shirai (STARDOM talent)
Lacey Lane (Trained at Dudley Boyz’ Team 3D Academy)
MJ Jenkins (Impact Wrestling and SHIMMER talent)
Keith Lee (Former WWN Champion, International star)
Luke Menzies (Former professional Rugby League footballer)
Taishon Dong (Former Chinese professional boxer)
Denzel DeJournette (Former Appalachian State Mountaineers Heavyweight wrestler)
PM
^
RedDevilDazzy
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 08:12 PM

Group: Members

What's going on with Banks/Bayley? Love story? Well there was Billy & Chuck from 2002, that happened.

--------------------
It's Not Coming Home!
PMWebsite
^
stevenUK1
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:46 am

Advanced Member

QUOTE (RedDevilDazzy @ Jul 17 2018, 08:12 PM)
What's going on with Banks/Bayley? Love story? Well there was Billy & Chuck from 2002, that happened.

I have no idea what the company is thinking. Trying to be "out there" but I'm not invested in it. They'll never bring back the NXT fued.
PM
^
stevenUK1
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:51 am

Advanced Member

- Brad Shepard of Barn Burner reports that WWE has already started brain storming ideas for the WrestleMania 36 location. Two cities being considered for the event that takes place in 2019 include Atlanta, Georgia and Minneapolis, Minnesota. Florida is also being considered as well but the city is unknown. Jacksonville & Miami are two being speculated.

- Joseph Peisech of Barn Burner mentioned on the latest “No Holds Barred” episode that the rumor going around is WWE could be planning a triple threat match at SummerSlam for the Universal Championship with Hulk Hogan as the special enforcer. This match would obviously feature Brock Lesnar defending the Universal Championship against Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley.

- Drew McIntyre was gearing up for his second run for the WWE, he new the exact path he had to take towards success. He recently appeared on Lilian Garcia’s Chasing Glory podcast where he reveals that NXT was always what he wanted. "[NXT] was what I wanted. I told my wife in the beginning when NXT really started catching fire, ‘You know what babe, ideal when I go back there first, if I do my thing here and I get a reputation in the independent scene, then I believe I can get an angle to NXT because it’s such a passionate fan base. I think that would be the place for me to go to really show what I can do. And then when the time is right, because the transition is so much smoother from NXT to RAW and SmackDown because it moves so fast. RAW and Smackdown, there’s so many hours of unique TV every single week all year round."

- CM Punk and AJ Lee have been announced for an upcoming horror film titled Rabid. The film is will be a remake of the 1977 David Cronenberg movie of the same title. It will be written & directed by The Soska Twins. The movie stars Laura Vandervoort and Ben Hollingsworth with Punk and AJ in supporting roles. Punk will portray “Billy” while AJ plays a character named “Kira.”

- Impact Wrestling published new footage of Austin Aries discussing why he returned to Impact Wrestling and seemingly took a jab at the way WWE booked him. Aries pointed out that not every “platform” allows the same freedoms or allow you to grab the brass ring.
PM
^
stevenUK1
 Posted: Yesterday at 07:01 pm

Advanced Member

- The No Holds Barred podcast is reporting that Daniel Bryan has been offered a new contract with WWE. “Daniel Bryan, he was offered a contract on Sunday. He did not sign it. The legalities or something like that. Technically he’s a free agent come September 1st.”

- Throughout the interview with ESPN and her photo shoot, Flair was asked about being naked in front of the cameras for the shoot. This prompted Flair to explain she had to do 45 naked Moonsaults for the cameras in order for them to get the perfect shot to use within their feature.

- During the recent fourth ESPN Sports Humanitarian Awards, McMahon was interviewed by Denise Salcedo of Instinct Culture. While their interview didn’t last long, McMahon had the opportunity to speak about the best business-related advice her father, Vince McMahon, had given her. “There are so many good pieces of advice. I would say right now, take calculated risks.”

- Sienna appears to be done with Impact Wrestling after her profile page was move from the active roster page on their official website and placed under the alumni section.
PM
^
stevenUK1
 Posted: Today at 04:54 am

Advanced Member

- Deonna Purrazzo, who was scheduled to start at the WWE Performance Center this week, was spotted outside of Full Sail University before tonight’s tapings.

- During today’s installment of Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez was asked by a caller who he believes the challenger will be. Alvarez speculated that Samoa Joe would challenge Styles for the WWE Championship at the event.

- TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champion Ayako Hamada, she was the latest wrestler to get caught up in her own demons. Hamada- the daughter of the legendary Gran Hamada was arrested back on May 13 in Tokyo at her home. She has since been sentenced to 18 months in prison.

- Austin Aries spoke with Belt Collector on a conference call to promote Slammiversary this upcoming Sunday. During the call, Double-A spoke freely about underutilized talent in the WWE, and advocates that if they feel they’re being wasted, to take their talents elsewhere. "I mean listen, if there’s a number of men and women over there who feel they’re in a position where they’re spinning their wheels. Or maybe not getting the opportunities they feel they earned that are immensely talented. I’m not gonna name names but I think anyone in that position who wants to better themselves, I think Impact Wrestling provides a platform at least that’s not gonna tie you down and lock you in and give you the opportunities to actually go and prove that. They go and do that also independently across the world. So you know it’s a unique opportunity. Listen, there’s a lot — they have a huge roster and there’s a lot of talent on there. There’s only so many spots and so many hours of television. So you know I’m sure there are people who feel like they’re getting left out or they’re not getting the shots that they want, and if they find themselves free and clear, it’s cool. There’s a nice vibrate professional landscape right now for people to go out and apply their craft."
PM
^
Jayke1981
 Posted: Today at 10:13 am

QUOTE (stevenUK1 @ Jul 19 2018, 04:54 AM)
-
- TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champion Ayako Hamada, she was the latest wrestler to get caught up in her own demons. Hamada- the daughter of the legendary Gran Hamada was arrested back on May 13 in Tokyo at her home. She has since been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
."

Turns out to be not the case:

In an update on the story involving former Impact Wrestling Knockout Ayako Hamada, F4WOnline.com/The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that she actually was not sentenced to 18 months in prison, but rather three years of probation with the possibility of 18 months in prison if she violates her probation.

She also informed the Japanese media, including Toyko Sports, that she's going to be retiring from professional wrestling because of the situation. She is hoping to find work as an interpreter/translator, as she is fluent in both Japanese and Spanish.
PMEmail
^
Jayke1981
 Posted: Today at 10:14 am

NXT Taping spoiler

Tommaso Ciampa defeated Aleister Black to win the NXT Championship at tonight’s NXT taping at Full Sail Live in Orlando, Fla.

With the win, Ciampa becomes the 14th Superstar in history to win the NXT Title.

See how The Blackheart prevailed against The Dutch Destroyer when their championship showdown streams on the award-winning WWE Network next Wednesday at 8/7 C.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Sports Hub | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll