Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Strker Re-visited., On this day.
bumperlady
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 08:06 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Members

Looking forward to your next offering Rob.

--------------------
You can't keep a good Meerkat down.
PMEmail
^
Rob hill
 Posted: Aug 2 2018, 10:40 AM

Advanced Member

2nd August.

It is Scrapper and Bertha's wedding reception. Eric is giving it big licks on the dance floor with Doris his current love. Mona is looking after Romeo and Vanessa is there with Todd. Fabian offers Mona £50 to look after Todd so that he and Vanessa can discuss some business. She accepts this but is not happy. Vanessa and Fabian sneak outside to a Portaloo and are going at it hammer and tongs when the portaloo topples over and slides down the bank on its side and into the river with both Fabian and Vanessa trapped inside.

Vanessa confesses to Nick that she paid Anna £200,00 to dump him and leave the country. She also confesses she wants to be with Nick so that they can be a family for Todd. She tells Nick she got the money from a portfolio of shares that Eric gave her that has trebled in value. She said she has owned up because Nick was about to lay the blame on Li-Ming and if he did she may pull the plug on Warbury which would leave Eric up a gumtree and Vanessa in the poor house.

Fabian has stopped playing football now due to his heart condition. He calls his agent and tells him he wants a managerial position. His agent responds by telling Fabian he does not have the temperament or personality to be a manager. Fabian then asks what his agent can offer and he says "What about a coffee commercial".

Kurt is in the gym with Ingrid. He is getting rid of his frustrations after learning that Warbury will be starting the league campaign on minus points. He informs Ingrid he wants a large portion of Sauerkraut every day to boost his health. Ingrid responds by asking if he still wants Bratwurst everyday. He replies to her by saying 'you get too much sausage daily, it will be once a week from now on'.

Thamesford Era 1991

It is Nick's fIrst week at his new club A.C.TORNADO.

The comic era

Issue 47. Donald gets his chopper out in McMisery. Donna gets a calll from Bobby Robson th inform her that Callums transfer to Newcastle is off after Callum being stabbed.

Nashy's view.

After the successful share option Pete announces a few changes that will be taking place in the comic. The price will increase to £1.50. He explains the resons for the increase and announces a page rise to 48. A new retro strip will be in from next week while features like the match report and team talk will cease. Smart arse quiz is being introduced.

This weeks centrefold is the team squad for 2004/2005 season.

This weeks hot topic on the forum is 'The way forward'. Dazzy wants some new characters introduced and Jayke 1981 (James Donnelly) wants to see a board of directors, youth coaches and office workers. Dean calls for Eric to be axed from the strip.

Classic striker is still 1992 Mickey Mulligan's wish.

Nuts era.

Warbury beat Bolton 1-0 to make it 3 wins from first 3 matches.

Who is the mystery secretary? Naomi starts her new job as Eric's P.A she has impeccible references that are too good to be true. The strip closes with an entry in her diary which reads.
Dear diary. Everything going to plan. It's going to be a cinch.

More on this soon.

PM
^
Mick
 Posted: Aug 2 2018, 11:01 AM

Advanced Member
Group: Administrator

Nice stuff.

--------------------
Direct future questions re Striker to montdav or pete nash. it has nothing to do with me.

This whole saga is ridiculous and needs to be sorted otherwise the comic won’t get past the first 12 weeks. I believe it’s that serious.

A coup d'état, also known simply as a coup, a putsch, golpe de estado, or an overthrow, is a type of revolution, where the illegal and overt seizure of a state by the military or other elites within the state apparatus occurs.

surgemus Warriors (From ashes we rise)
PM
^
bumperlady
 Posted: Aug 2 2018, 06:56 PM

Advanced Member

Thank you Rob. Dean wanted Eric to be axed from the strip?, shame on him.

--------------------
You can't keep a good Meerkat down.
PMEmail
^
Mick
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 10:02 AM

Advanced Member

@Rob hill Do one on this important day in Striker history.

--------------------
Direct future questions re Striker to montdav or pete nash. it has nothing to do with me.

This whole saga is ridiculous and needs to be sorted otherwise the comic won’t get past the first 12 weeks. I believe it’s that serious.

A coup d'état, also known simply as a coup, a putsch, golpe de estado, or an overthrow, is a type of revolution, where the illegal and overt seizure of a state by the military or other elites within the state apparatus occurs.

PM
^
Rob hill
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 10:09 AM

Advanced Member

I can't today. I have too much work on. I run two Open University groups and it's the first day of pre-module prep work so I have about 100 students to cater for. Sorry.
PM
^
Mick
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 10:13 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rob hill @ Aug 10 2018, 10:09 AM)
I can't today. I have too much work on. I run two Open University groups and it's the first day of pre-module prep work so I have about 100 students to cater for. Sorry.

No drama.

On this day 2010 Striker started its short lived run in Nuts.

--------------------

PM
^
Mick
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 05:39 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mick @ Aug 10 2018, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (Rob hill @ Aug 10 2018, 10:09 AM)

No drama.

On this day 2010 Striker started its short lived run in Nuts.

I was wrong about the above. Striker started its Nuts run on Jan 26 2010. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/dry.gif

--------------------

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The World of Warbury | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll