Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

TIE-BREAK POLL FOR SCOTTISH TEAM NAME, One vote per member!

Which team should be the World League's first Scottish team?
Alba Thistle [ 22 ]  [40.74%]
Highland Terriers [ 32 ]  [59.26%]
Total Votes: 54

Pete Nash
 Posted on Aug 5 2018, 10:15 PM

Group: Striker Staff

Ok, after a steward's enquiry we have a tie-break between Alba Thistle and Highland Terriers.

You are invited to vote for your choice as to which team should be the Striker World League's first Scottish club.

We didn't make the rules clear last time, so let's fix that. It's one vote per member and only one vote per IP address.

Votes will ONLY count from people who registered as members by August 4. Voting closes on Tuesday, August 7, at 6pm..

Happy voting and may the best team win...
PMEmail
^
Mick
 Posted on Aug 5 2018, 10:47 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Administrator

I voted Alba Thistle. I think is the Alba Gaelic for Scotland? Seems cool. https://files.jcink.net/uploads/strikerworld/e5251633.gif

--------------------
Direct future questions re Striker to montdav or pete nash. it has nothing to do with me.

This whole saga is ridiculous and needs to be sorted otherwise the comic won’t get past the first 12 weeks. I believe it’s that serious.

A coup d'état, also known simply as a coup, a putsch, golpe de estado, or an overthrow, is a type of revolution, where the illegal and overt seizure of a state by the military or other elites within the state apparatus occurs.

surgemus Warriors (From ashes we rise)
PM
^
RedDevilDazzy
 Posted on Aug 5 2018, 11:00 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Members

Alba Thistle and Angus Terriers?

You mean Highland Terriers, who get my vote.

--------------------
It's Not Coming Home!
PMWebsite
^
Mick
 Posted on Aug 5 2018, 11:15 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (RedDevilDazzy @ Aug 5 2018, 11:00 PM)
Alba Thistle and Angus Terriers?

You mean Highland Terriers, who get my vote.

Well spotted. Dazzy. It took me around 26 sconds to fix so you were quick off the mark.

--------------------
Direct future questions re Striker to montdav or pete nash. it has nothing to do with me.

This whole saga is ridiculous and needs to be sorted otherwise the comic won’t get past the first 12 weeks. I believe it’s that serious.

A coup d'état, also known simply as a coup, a putsch, golpe de estado, or an overthrow, is a type of revolution, where the illegal and overt seizure of a state by the military or other elites within the state apparatus occurs.

PM
^
wgw2007
 Posted on Aug 6 2018, 02:30 AM

Seems a bit harsh this. As at 6pm alba thistle had 26 votes to highland terriers 31. (I came online to check) Even with the 3 possible votes from 1 ip (surely in that case even 1 vote should count and just 2 be taken off) highland terriers won by 2/3 Unless the suggestion is that same ip voted many more times now.

I think some clarity would help on this as it looks like the name has a winner and it’s been reversed for no clear reason. I have voted for highland terriers this time, I didn’t last time but it kind of feels like they are being robbed of the win currently without any clarity.

I should add, making additional rules at the end to change the result doesn’t seem too fair. It’s better that’s it’s clearer this time but I think much more clarity should be provided.

--------------------
Long Live Warbury!
PM
^
Grafle1
 Posted on Aug 6 2018, 08:17 AM

It’s Highland terriers for me.
PM
^
ShinyEmma1983
 Posted on Aug 6 2018, 09:18 AM

Highland Terriers gets my vote.
PM
^
Rob hill
 Posted on Aug 6 2018, 09:45 AM

Advanced Member

I voted for Angus terriers first time. I think Alba describes Scotland a whole lot better than Highland does but I think terriers strikes more fear than thistle does so on this occasion ive gone for Highland terriers.

Just a thought on the two team names. How about a compromise on the two and make the team name. Alba Terriers.
PM
^
Pete Nash
 Posted on Aug 6 2018, 10:25 AM

QUOTE (wgw2007 @ Aug 6 2018, 02:30 AM)
Seems a bit harsh this. As at 6pm alba thistle had 26 votes to highland terriers 31. (I came online to check) Even with the 3 possible votes from 1 ip (surely in that case even 1 vote should count and just 2 be taken off) highland terriers won by 2/3 Unless the suggestion is that same ip voted many more times now.

I think some clarity would help on this as it looks like the name has a winner and it’s been reversed for no clear reason. I have voted for highland terriers this time, I didn’t last time but it kind of feels like they are being robbed of the win currently without any clarity.

I should add, making additional rules at the end to change the result doesn’t seem too fair. It’s better that’s it’s clearer this time but I think much more clarity should be provided.

I can understand why it may seem harsh but there is absolutely nothing to read into it and no reflection on either Alba Thistle or Highland Terriers. This is the first poll of its kind and procedural lessons can be learnt from it..

Neither I or anyone running Strikerworld has a vested interest in who wins.
PMEmail
^
Pete Nash
 Posted on Aug 6 2018, 10:27 AM

QUOTE (Rob hill @ Aug 6 2018, 09:45 AM)
I voted for Angus terriers first time. I think Alba describes Scotland a whole lot better than Highland does but I think terriers strikes more fear than thistle does so on this occasion ive gone for Highland terriers.

Just a thought on the two team names. How about a compromise on the two and make the team name. Alba Terriers.

That would be down to Terry and Swarfie to agree on.
PMEmail
^
Mick
 Posted on Aug 6 2018, 10:50 AM

Advanced Member

I like that.

--------------------

PM
^
dazkool
 Posted on Aug 6 2018, 11:28 AM

Highland Terriers have stormed into the lead!
PM
^
Iantjambo
 Posted on Aug 6 2018, 01:04 PM

I like Alba Terriers.
PM
^
ramsfan
 Posted on Aug 6 2018, 01:42 PM

i went with the Highland Terriers one of my choices was the the highlanders so it was the nearest //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/laugh.gif https://files.jcink.net/uploads/strikerworld/e5251633.gif
PMEmail
^
wgw2007
 Posted on Aug 6 2018, 01:52 PM

QUOTE (ramsfan @ Aug 6 2018, 01:42 PM)
i went with the Highland Terriers one of my choices was the the highlanders so it was the nearest  //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/laugh.gif  https://files.jcink.net/uploads/strikerworld/e5251633.gif

Sort of the same reason I went for it. But as I was the first to suggest The Highlanders I’m claiming it as my own. Haha.

--------------------
Long Live Warbury!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Closed
New Poll